Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It has begun

I went by the lot yesterday and there was a big pile of gravel.


This afternoon I went by again. The pile of gravel is now a temporary driveway, the plastic sheeting is up around the lot, and the foundation trench had been dug. I didn't have a tape measure with me but the the foundation doesn't look very deep and I'm curious to ask about it in our pre-construction meeting on Friday. I'm guessing it has something to do with the higher water table in this area. When I was kid there was a neighborhood under development not far from my house and I spent many an hour playing in the foundation trenches of a number of houses. I was smaller then of course but I remember them being a lot deeper. 

Temporary Driveway

Front of the house.

Rear of the house where the morning room will be.


I'm not sure how much more will be done the rest of the week. A fairly significant winter storm is forecast to start tomorrow afternoon bringing 4-8" worth of snow to central Virginia. At the very least I'm expecting to have a few extra days off work. It doesn't take much to close school in this area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment